New Passport Rules
On Friday 23rd December New Passport Rules has been made by Minister of State of External affairs. These major changes in the passport rules have been done in order to ease and well organize the process to issue the passport.
The Ministry has taken these steps as these steps are expected to benefit the citizens of India for applying for passport. Listed below are all the changes and new rules that will apply from now on the new passports.
New Passport Rules
Proof Of Date Of Birth
- Birth Certificate (BC) issued by the registrar of births or the municipal corporation or any other prescribed authority that is empowered under the Registration of Birth & Deaths Act, 1969, to register the birth of a child born in India.
Press Here to See! Passport Seva Customer Care Number
- Transfer certificate/school leaving certificate/Matriculation certificate issued by the school last attended and recognized by the educational board containing the DOB of the applicant.
- PAN card issued by the Income Tax Department with the DOB of applicant.
- Aadhar card/E-Aadhar having the applicant’s DOB of applicant.
- Driving licence issued by the transport department of the concerned state government, having the DOB of applicant.
- Election photo identity card issued by the Election Commission of India having the DOB of applicant.
- Policy bonds issued by the Public Life Insurance Corporations or companies having the DOB of the holder of the insurance policy.
Report of the Inter Ministerial Committee
A three-member committee, comprising officials of the ministry of external affairs and the ministry of women and child development, was constituted to examine various issues pertaining to passport applications where the mother or child has insisted that the name of the father should not be mentioned in the passport.
It is also relating to passport issues of children with single parents and of adopted children.
The report of the committee has been accepted by the minister of external affairs. The following policy changes have been made inter-alia on the basis of the recommendations of this committee.
- From now the online passport application form will require the applicant to provide the name of father or mother or legal guardian which means only one parent and not both.
- The sadhus/sanyasis would be allowed to write names of their gurus instead of names of their parents but the same name should be written on PAN card, Aadhar Card etc.
- Earlier total numbers of annexes were 15 and now it has been brought down to 9. Annexes A, C, D, E, J, and K have been removed and certain Annexes have been merged.
- Married applicants would not require providing Annexure K or any marriage certificate.
- The applicant does not need to provide name of his/her spouse in case of separation/divorce and even does not require divorce decree.
- In case of children not born on wedlock then they will require to summit Annexure G with the application.
- Government servant who is not able to get the Identity Certificate from their employer and is in need of urgent passport they can now get it by submitting Annexure N without informing their co0ncer employer.
Necessary notifications will soon be published in Official Gazette and the ministry of external affairs also expects that the changes in rules of passports would ease the process for applying and getting the passport.
You Should Also Put An Eye On This!!!